If you are moving a course online midterm and are uncertain where to start, here are some first steps.
Every CU course has a Canvas shell, and every CU employee/student has a Zoom Pro account. These comprise your class basecamp.
- Find your personal Zoom link, and save it. This is like your phone number, keep it handy.
- Login to Canvas and go to your course shell.
- Load the quick-start course template from the Canvas Commons.
- Update your Canvas home page, put your personal Zoom link here. Update the welcome message and your contact information. Let students know how things will proceed.
- Publish your course so students can find it.
- Bonus step... on the day/time of your class, launch your Zoom and talk to your students.