What is Doc Drop?
Docdrop.org is an open (free to use) resource that allows you to drag and drop almost any document from your computer to their site. A pdf link is created to share with others, and in this case, annotate using Hypothes.is.
How to Use Doc Drop?
- Have the file location of the document you would like to use pulled up - no need to open it. (Make sure the name of the file reflects the name of the document as the file name will become part of the link created!)
- Open Docdrop’s site
- Click and hold down on the document file name and drag the file name over to the DocDrop site.
- You will be redirected to the new pdf link for the document.
That’s it! You can now share the document with anyone you like using the link.
How to Use Doc Drop with Hypothes.is?
Once you have followed the steps above to create a link for your document you are only one or two steps away from adding annotations with Hypothes.is.
- With the newly linked document open, look to the top right of the document for an arrow pointing left. This arrow pulls out the “annotation sidebar.” Open this sidebar by clicking the arrow.
- If you are logged into Hypothes.is, you will be able to use this sidebar to add annotations publicly or to one of your groups. If you are not logged in, you can do so in the upper right of the sidebar. You will need to log in before making any annotations.